- FRAME The improved, modern and lightweight frame design manufactured by WP Performance Systems is made from lightweight, high strength chromoly steel sections. The design for MY 2015 now has a new machined cross tube that unites the two sides of the frame and connects the linkage rods to the frame. This provides exact production tolerances and consistent chassis characteristics thanks to the absence of welding. It is also lighter (58grams) than the previous cross tube design. For 2015 the bikes will feature the striking Factory orange usually seen only on KTM’s race team machines.
- REAR SUSPENSION The new fully adjustable rear monoshock by WP Suspension has been re-valved and set-up to match the new linkage geometry and 4CS fork characteristics. Also for this year, there is a 4mm longer stroke while maintaining the same amount of wheel travel.
- FRONT FORK The XC model range features the WP 4CS fork for the second year. For 2015 the 4CS forks are 8mm longer which is the same length as the 2015 SX models. There is a new hydro stop design, new pistons inside the cartridge and there is a new 20N/mm chamber spring up from 18N/mm spring used in 2014. The new setting has been specifically developed for racing cross-country in the US with more comfort and traction and better bottoming reserve. The forks can be easily adjusted for compression and rebound via the dials on the top of the fork tubes.
- LINKAGE, NEW The suspension package features a new linkage with revised geometry that was developed and tested in the USA. This linkage allows for an optimized rising rate that utilizes a higher starting rate to achieve a flatter, less progressive curve for better control, as the rear end of the machine is slighter lower. The innovative production process of the triangle and pull-rod saves 40 grams of weight, while improving the quality of the component
- FRONT AXLE NEW The front axle has been reduced in size from 26mm to 22mm to reduce weight and offer a better front-end feel. Also with the smaller axle it was possible to move it back 2mm in the axle clamp. The adjusted offset and increased trail provide more stability in rough conditions.
- SWINGARM The cast aluminium swingarm has been developed with state-of-the-art calculation and simulation software and constructed, in terms of design and wall thickness, for minimum weight with optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility.
- FRONT FORK PROTECTORS The fork protectors have been revised for MY 2015 to be lighter and fit to the new axle clamps. They allow easier access to the fork legs for quicker cleaning and faster maintenance.
- TRIPLE CLAMPS Top quality CNC-machined triple clamps have been something of a KTM trademark for years. Offering precise handling with maximum performance, they particularly support the flex characteristics and the forks’ action. The O-ring support for the lower bearing on the steering stem has been revised and is now made of aluminum to save 22 grams, while the steering stem bolt is now 8 grams lighter.
- BALANCER SHAFT In order to balance the mass-forces, the 250 engine uses a multifunctional counter balance shaft which also drives the water pump and timing chain. The engine receives a new water pump cover with a new gasket in order to optimize the seal.
- TRANSMISSION XC Semi-close ration 6-speed gearbox.
- CRANKSHAFT The 250 crankshaft employs a plain big end bearing. Two force-fitted bearing shells run directly on the crank pin. This design is a major prerequisite for the extremely high engine speed levels and the unrivaled maximum power of the 250cc engine. It enhances the engine’s durability, allowing a longer interval between crankshaft service.
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS) In combination with the revolutionary injector position as developed by KTM, the Keihin Engine Management System with electronic fuel injection and 44mm throttle body provides spontaneous throttle response & the possibility to change characteristics or read engine data with the PowerParts User-Setting-Tool. With an optional map-select switch from the PowerParts program the EMS allows for selecting different engine characteristics. In addition, the optional User-Setting-Tool provides the ability to analyze engine data with a laptop and change the ignition and injection mappings with a few mouse clicks.
- CLUTCH The highly compact CSS (coil spring steel) clutch uses a wear-free steel basket and eight clutch plates which are extremely heat resistant due to their steel carrier discs. Revisions of the engine for MY 2015 include a lighter clutch basket and new clutch springs for a more consistent behavior under stress and over time as part of the CSS (coil spring steel) one-piece clutch system. The Brembo hydraulic system with its new master cylinder provides easy and precise modulation.
- CYLINDER HEAD The centerpiece of the compact DOHC engine is its cutting-edge cylinder head with two overhead camshafts and DLC-coated followers – a design that allows to break the engine speed “sound barrier” of 14,000 rpm. Combined with extra lightweight titanium valves (intake 32.5mm, exhaust 26.5mm), flow optimized ports ensure a maximized flow rate for top performance.- NEW O-rings on the oil pump suction screen for increased durability.
- STARTER The 250 is fitted with an electric starter as standard – a clear advantage when it comes to crunch time in the heat of battle. In 2014, a newly-developed freewheel assembly is used to increase durability.
- SEAT Ergonomically perfect, the seat has received an improved foam core, ensuring greater comfort and durability.
- BODYWORK In shaping the bodywork the KTM designers ergonomic and design focus was to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike. The front fender is a prime example of a molded polymer component, gaining maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting system. For MY 2015, the bodywork will have updated graphics to highlight the racing character of the MY 2015 XC range of cutting-edge offroad racing motorcycles.
- FUEL TANK The XC’s feature a large 2.6 gallon translucent fuel tank on the two stroke XC’s and a 2.4 gallon translucent fuel tank on four strokes. The 1/4-turn fuel cap is easy to open and provides extremely quick refueling during a race.
- AIR BOX The airbox design offers maximum protection of the air filter against dirt while ensuring maximum airflow for top performance. The Twin Air filter can be changed without tools in seconds, a standard for KTM.
- HANDLEBAR All XC models are fitted with a new black anodized Neken tapered handlebar, with a bend that is specifically suited to the requirements of offroad while boasting superior quality and performance. The proven standard KTM mount allows the handlebar to be mounted in four different positions. A large Neken bar pad offers effective protection for the rider.
- HAND PROTECTION AND GRIPS Standard for all XC models, the hand guards use a new material for better impact resistance. New, softer two-compound grips are used on MY 2015 XC models for increased comfort and less stress on the rider’s hands.
WHEELS AND BRAKES
- BRAKES High-Tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM off-road bikes, and combined with the lightweight Galfer Wave discs, they are the ultimate solution in braking technology. Being the class-leading brakes in offroad, they remain unchanged for MY 2015.
- WHEELS The 21" front rim and 18" rear rim are now anodized in black for aggressive looks and use lightweight, CNC-machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and black spokes with lightweight silver aluminum nipples to achieve maximum stability at minimum weight. The wheels are fitted with the latest offroad tires from Dunlop, the GEOMAX AT81, which have been developed with the Factory FMF/KTM offroad team in the USA.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.